Sunday, November 30, 2014

Review of Michelle Phan's "Make Up"

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

When I saw that "Make Up" by Michelle Phan was available to review through Blogging for Books, I about flipped! I had been really SUPER interested in getting this book, and now I get the opportunity to read and review it for free!!

First of all, it is a beautiful book! Color pictures throughout, which makes it that much more fun! The pages are thick and glossy, which makes the reading experience that much more luxe!

Michelle teaches you all about how to take care yourself--from makeup to skin to hair and nails. "You can make ramen and mattify your nails at the same time!" I can't wait to try some of her suggestions for at-home beauty routines!

Some things she goes into great detail on, but I wish she'd explained a few things better. There were a few things she glossed over that weren't readily obvious to me. But for the most part, she pretty much gives you a step by step guide to everything.

I love that she also goes into fashion, how to get more comfortable in social situations, manners, etc. This is a good book for those young and old, and I highly recommend it!

0 comments: