Friday, July 3, 2015

Viper Wine by Hermione Eyre Review

The premise of this novel was intriguing, which is why I requested it to begin with. A woman once the most beautiful, has aged and wants to do anything she can to regain her youth. I loved parts of the book, such as the similarities between what women then and now put themselves through to attain beauty. But other parts of the book simply fell flat. I didn't care for the husband's points of view, as all I really wanted was what was going through Venetia's head. But we hardly got any of that either. It came in bits and pieces throughout the novel, and just wasn't enough. Reading this book felt like a chore, and while I did think it was fun of the author to include modern quotes and words into the story, it just didn't happen enough to make the book interesting.

 
I did find two quotes that I found quite moving in a way. Good enough for me to write them down:
 
"No library should ever be full."
"This library was his very soul made visible."
 
Love those!
 
I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

0 comments: