Sunday, October 11, 2015

Einkorn, by Carla Bartolucci

While I do not have a gluten intolerance, I have a friend who is trying to be more conscious about what she eats, and a while ago she mentioned einkorn. When I saw this book I was immediately interested in learning more about it, because hey, if a beautiful loaf of bread is going to get my attention, I'd say this book is worth reading! I loved the author's story about how and why she learned about the ancient grain, and how by trial and error she learned how to use it in beautiful, thoughtful, and unique ways. The pictures throughout the book of the finished products of the many recipes she includes are gorgeous, and indeed make me very eager to try them out! Unfortunately I do not have easy access to einkorn, or anything to grind the kernels with. But no matter, I am still very impressed with the thought and care the author took in completing this cookbook!
 


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

0 comments: