Thursday, September 15, 2016

Photographs from the Edge, Art Wolfe

As famous as this photographer seems to think he is, I'd never heard of him before getting this book. Still, I enjoyed the layout of the book, with the pictures from different decades, little facts about the shot, tips, and the story behind it. I've always wanted to take a photography class, and this was pretty much my introduction. I liked that Mr. Wolfe adapted to changes in technology and didn't let those changes hold him back.

While I wasn't sure I liked a lot of his subject matter, there were a few photos that made me pause and stare a bit. The reflection of the canyon wall, the bison in the snow (!!!), the tiger's eye, the insane mountains in China... I will definitely have this on my coffee table!

http://images.randomhouse.com/cover/9781607747819?width=125&alt=no_cover_b4b.gif

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

0 comments: